Skip to content
- SEPTIMAL The SEPTIMAL study aims at finding risk factors for strokes, in order to create algorithms for its prevention in patients. A wide variety of state-of-the-art machine learning techniques are employed to achieve this goal.
As a researcher and data scientist, I advised in setting up the required data infrastructure and processing pipeline.
- PRESOMATIC The PRESOMATIC study aims at aiding general practitioners with the early recognition of somatic symptom disorders.
As a researcher and data scientist, I created the data processing pipeline through which the hypotheses were tested.
- ELAN With the Extramural Leiden Academic Network (ELAN) we aim at making primary care data available for academic research.
As ELAN's technical project leader, I designed and implemented a data infrastructure around the principles of FAIR research data management: to make data findable, accessible, interoperable, and reusable.
- OPERAM OPERAM (OPtimising thERapy to prevent Avoidable hospital admissions in the Multimorbid elderly) is an international randomized controlled trial aimed at optimizing existing pharmacological and non-pharmacological therapy primarily in order to reduce avoidable hospital admissions among the elderly population aged ≥70 years with multimorbidity.
As a postdoctoral researcher, I adapted the STRIP Assistant for use in multiple countries, setting up processes for including, modeling, and validating data from multiple sources. As the lead developer, I coordinated the selection and inclusion of international and local medical standards for data integration.
- Opti-Med The Opti-Med study investigates the (cost) effectiveness and implementation of a structured medication review in elderly patients. The trial is performed in 25 general practices in Amsterdam, the Netherlands and includes 500 patients.
As a researcher and developer, I transformed the trial requirements into software features and adjusted the STRIP Assistant accordingly.
- STRIP Assistant As a PhD researcher, I designed, developed, and evaluated a software application to aid general practitioners and pharmacists in performing medication reviews for elderly people. The tool was subsequently used in the Opti-Med and OPERAM studies.