Generates plain HTML5 forms from XML schemas (XSDs). Transforms filled-in forms into XML.
XML schemas contain a wealth of information about what data is allowed in an XML structure, and thus how a user interface should be presented. HTML5 supports many new input types and attributes that are compatible with XML schemas. XSD2HTML2XML automates the process of generating forms from XML schemas and extracting valid XML from them after users fill them out. This makes user-generated entering of well-formed, valid XML input easier than ever before.
In a nutshell:
- Generates a plain HTML5 form from any XML schema (XSD);
- Supports populating the generated form with data from an XML document;
- Written in fast and widely supported XSLT 1.0;
- Has no dependencies (except for XSLT 1.0 and – for population of the form – EXSLT extensions);
- Is easily stylable with CSS, or extendable with any library or framework;
- Is free for any purpose.